Friday, February 22, 2013

Janet Frame Memorial Lecture 2013

 
JANET FRAME MEMORIAL LECTURE 2013

To be delivered by well known novelist and biographer, President of Honour for The New Zealand Society of Authors (PEN NZ Inc.) Sir James McNeish.

The annual Janet Frame Memorial Lecture is intended to provide an overview of the state of the nation for literature and writing in New Zealand. Sir James’ address entitled Two Cheers for Eccentricity is a non-academic approach to the theme of creative non-fiction.

Sir James will be introduced by Dame Fiona Kidman.

ENTRY IS FREE
OPEN TO EVERYONE


This is a major event on the literary calendar and not to be missed.

When: Monday 11 March
Where: City Gallery, Civic Square, 101 Wakefield Street, Wellington
Time: Starting 6.00pm


Presented in association with New Zealand Book Month.

3 comments:

ALLISON~WONDERLAND said...

Oh, how I would have loved to be in N Z on 11 March.
Coming from a Southland childhood & living an Auckland adulthood; ~ I now live in Queensland where I only discovered Janet Frame & her books last year (2012) (through an UK book site!!).
But, I can follow these posts where I am introduced to even more books Janet has written... How wonderful for what she has given & now left behind with a generous Sister creating & keeping us up-to-date on this BLOG.
Always pleased to be following...

Pamela Gordon said...

Many thanks for kind words, Allison. Janet Frame was my aunt, and I was also lucky enough to count her as a close friend. I'm so glad her work "speaks" to you.

ALLISON~WONDERLAND said...

Thanks Pamela for your reply. Of course I realise Janet was your Aunt now.
Do hope 11 March goes well & please keep up your good work.
I didn't add I have several mental health issues like BiPolar, Panic & Anxiety attacks, Agoraphobia followed by several other phobias.
It actually made quite a difference while reading "Än Angel at my Table" where Janet indeed, did "speak" to me often.
I also wrote my Autobiography followed by a 2nd Memoir containing stories missed in the 1st book ~ self-published. I was rather amazed at the coincidences compared with "An Angel at my Table", & recorded her film (fantastic viewing!) which I watch quite often ~ I count it as "ä gift".